Sunday, September 26, 2010

Packaging




This week I have been working on creating packaging for my product.

While exploring different packaging opinions, I came up with several ideas:

1. a black circular base that the tube could sit inside. The base would be plastic with "philosophy" in white letters. The base could be used after purchase to hold the tube to keep it upright. I would include a clear plastic cylinder to cover the tube and fit into the base. This would be disposed of after purchase.

2. a white box that has a wide horizontal base and opens from the top. The top flap would have a clear window that would allow the product to be seen.

After the model making tutorial on Thursday, I decided to combine my ideas. I created a square base that has a cylinder nestled in the middle to hold the tube in place. I then created 2 different top options. I am using chipboard and clear plastic. I painted my first models with white acrylic paint, but I will use white spray paint for the final model. I am also using Illustrator to create the details for the packaging. I am looking forward to the pin-up on Tuesday for feedback.

1 comment:

  1. I love your models. Have you begun to think of ways in which the packaging design highlights unique qualities of your product to your consumers?

    ReplyDelete