Thursday, October 21, 2010

Model - Part II





I am working with a circular form to mirror the form of my product. I tried using this plastic mesh but it is very difficult to work with and I will not be using it in my final model because it will not hold a shape. I used modeling clay to create a miniature and full scale model of the product. I didn't not worry about perfecting these models because I am just using them for the model making process. I have created a mold of the product that I will cast models with plaster of paris. I am hoping these models will be a part of my final display. I like the look of the trace paper for the top model. My vision would be to illuminate both sections and have black graphics on them.

2 comments:

  1. you're hard work definitely shows! did you decide to create a light installation? have you encountered any difficulties with that? I like the look of trace - vellum may give you a more polished translucent look though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kathleen. That is a great suggestion.

    ReplyDelete