Monday, November 8, 2010

Display Completed!




Putting my final display together was a challenge. I had to reconstruct the top portion. I added triangle pieces to each side of the sign to give the same and stability needed. I also made the bottom of the sign larger which took a few of the product holes. I added plastic tubing to reinforce the holes that the samples it in. I then repainted the base with 2 more coats of black. I really struggled with getting the graphics on vellum. I tried several printers and stores. In the end, I printed the graphics on separate clear sticker pages and pieced them together on a piece of vellum. I was happy with this effect of the front but it had a few noticeable flaws on the back side. To cover us seams, I covered the sides with white wrapping paper that I purchased at The Paper Source. I trimmed the bottom with a black satin ribbon to get the glossy look of the base. All in all, I am very happy with the final result. Given more time, there are things that I would change and tweak but I feel that I created a realistic and functioning display.

On to the next challenge....

No comments:

Post a Comment